[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Introduction and Patch Approval Process

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Introduction and Patch Approval Process
From: David Weisgerber <tnt@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2001 18:15:47 -0400

Am Donnerstag, 16. August 2001 11:19 schrieben Sie:

> > > Still open is the question of what sound has to be played when?
> >
> > Hmmm... well you can adjust it like you want to have it... I think
> > by implementing the play sound functions into the gui code you will
> > have played the right sounds at the right time and because I have
> > made up 5 different sounds for every unit it is flexible
> > enough... When the sound system is released once, I think there will
> > be many people who make their own sound presets and release them...
>
> But you still have to provide default sounds and a default setting
> IMHO. This is necessary to test the code. Yesterday on #freeciv:

There will be a default setting provided in the code of course, no problem.

> > try it and please report your findings to the author
>
> <bomek> sure
> <bomek> haha
>
> and later
>
> <bomek> hmm, civclient compiled with sound.o
> <bomek> but i dont see much difference :-)
> <bomek> it dont complain it cant find any sounds
>
> So one tried your patch and nothing has changed. The patch has to
> provide some immediate feedback. Especially a sound patch.
>
>       Raimar

I am sorry about this but you have first to implement the sound functions to
the right places in the code. I will do that on the latest CVS release GUI -
code (GTK) so please either wait until I have done so or implement on your
own. So I am really sorry about this but I have first to test where it would
be the best to implement this functions so that you hear the right sound :-).

Can I have "Bomek"'s E-Mail please ?

CU,
David

--
Multimedia bei Win98:
Erlebe wie intensiv ein Absturz in Farbe und Ton sein kann.