[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Introduction and Patch Approval Process

To: rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: col@xxxxxxxxx, freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Introduction and Patch Approval Process
From: Kevin Brown <kevin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2001 10:19:47 -0700

Raimar Falke <hawk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > PS: Someone concerning about using "play" ?
>
> No. There may systems which doesn't have a "play" command. But these
> systems will have another command to play waves.

Exactly.  So you set up a config option to point the client at the
command that can play sounds.  This should work even in the Windows
client (for that one, you can supply the player if necessary).

If the client can't find the player, then it doesn't play sounds.
Simple as that, and no worse than what we have right now.

This is definitely one of those cases where we should Just Do It, and
worry about unsupported platforms later.

--
Kevin Brown                                           kevin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    It's really hard to define what "unexpected behavior" means when you're
                       talking about Windows.