[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Introduction and Patch Approval Process

To: "Per I. Mathisen" <Per.Inge.Mathisen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Introduction and Patch Approval Process
From: Raimar Falke <hawk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2001 22:35:36 +0200

On Thu, Aug 16, 2001 at 09:57:38PM +0200, Per I. Mathisen wrote:
> Another problem is that the server does not send sufficient information to
> the client to allow it to play the sounds it should (for wonders and
> such). So eventually we started looking at cutting down on the verbosity
> of the client-server communication, and putting all the server
> generated text strings in the client. This would also fix the issue
> where the server has a different locale (language) than the client. Again,
> please consult the mail archives for the (lenghty) discussion on this
> topic.

Dirk Stoecker and I addressed this issue. There most current patch is
at
<ftp://ftp.freeciv.org/freeciv/contrib/development/raimar/note-9_based_on_attr5.diff.gz>
(I'm surprised: my own directory). The idea is implemented and bug
free (TM). However all error and success paths at the server have
still to be updated.

        Raimar

--
 email: rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx