Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: April 2001:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: New city dialog - stage 6

To: Kero van Gelder <kero@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: New city dialog - stage 6
From: Tuomas Airaksinen <tuomas.airaksinen@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2001 14:21:49 +0300

On Tue, Apr 03, 2001 at 12:37:11PM +0200, Kero van Gelder wrote:
> > Hi again,
> >
> > This should be even better version. I playtested it with my friend,
> > found some things to correct and this is result.
>
> OK, here are my ``complaints'':
>  - In the City-Tab, there is a field with the type of unit being
>    built. Perhaps a mentioning of the type is useful, but the
>    change-button can be scrapped. I think all selecting, building
>    and buying can be done in the worklist.

Change button is usefull at the beginning of the game when you don't use
worklist. Raimar has also argumented that worklist can be a bit difficult
for newbies.

>    The same argument can probably be repeated for the unit-list.

I added a small present units list to the main ("City") page because it
appeared that there would be use for it while playtesting.

>    What is left deserves a name like Misc, so another Tab can be put
>    in front as default.

Which then?

>  - In the Worklist-Tab, when making changes, there is an
>    apply-button. I'd prefer auto-apply, with a button to cancel.

Changes are automatically applied when city dialog is closed. I think
that's enough, isn't it?

>  - In both City and Happyness-Tab, could you move the map from right
>    to middle? Then it is closer to the overview of numbers on the
>    left.

I see the advantage, but this isn't so easy to do. The size of map canvas
is variable and that's because it needs variable amount of space, and
I want to keep balance with any size of map canvases. And central place of
"currently building" is important too (that's why I don't want to swap those
columns). Any other ideas?

--
Best regards, Tuomas Airaksinen <tuomas.airaksinen@xxxxxxxxxx>
              For That Matter: http://tuma.cjb.net/