Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: April 2001:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: New city dialog - stage 6

To: Kero van Gelder <kero@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: New city dialog - stage 6
From: Raimar Falke <hawk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2001 14:13:39 +0200

On Tue, Apr 03, 2001 at 12:37:11PM +0200, Kero van Gelder wrote:
> > Hi again,
> >
> > This should be even better version. I playtested it with my friend,
> > found some things to correct and this is result.
>
> OK, here are my ``complaints'':
>  - In the City-Tab, there is a field with the type of unit being
>    built. Perhaps a mentioning of the type is useful, but the
>    change-button can be scrapped. I think all selecting, building
>    and buying can be done in the worklist.

We (Tuomas Airaksinen and I) also discussed this topic. I think it is
wrong to try to educate the user. If the user prefers the easier
interface of a change button, let it be. This issue is like menus and
shortcuts. We all agree that shortcuts are more powerful but for a
starter menus are better.

I would like to here also the opinions of other people. Who something
about human computer interfaces.

>  - In the Worklist-Tab, when making changes, there is an
>    apply-button. I'd prefer auto-apply, with a button to cancel.

To which state should cancel revert?

Tuomas got a patch from me which auto-apply on the "Close" button.

>  - In both City and Happyness-Tab, could you move the map from right
>    to middle? Then it is closer to the overview of numbers on the
>    left.

Ack.

        Raimar

--
 email: rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
 "A common mistake that people make, when trying to design