Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: April 2001:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: New city dialog - stage 6

To: Daniel Sjölie <deepone@xxxxxxxxxx>, Freeciv List <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: New city dialog - stage 6
From: Raimar Falke <hawk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2001 12:51:32 +0200

On Thu, Apr 05, 2001 at 03:04:25AM +0200, Daniel Sjölie wrote:
> On 2001-04-04 21:58:21, Martin Hinsch wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > I just noticed the discussion about the worklist (without having followed
> > the previous mails). Maybe it's a bit off topic but I think a really good
> > example for a well done implementation of work lists can be seen in
> > Master of Orion II. I think it offers all features found in the current
> > freeciv one but is (at least in my opinion) much easier to use. You can
> > insert and remove items with a single click, move them up and down the list
> > and don't have to press a clumsy apply button.
>
> I agree...
> Another thing about that interface that seems relevant here is that when
> You pressed the "Change" button in the planet view You got the
> worklist...
>
> I agree that having both a worklist and a change dialog is probably not
> such a good idea... And it is true that a newbie might be confused if
> there was no change-button... But I think it would be very much ok to
> have the Change-button trigger a switch to the worklist... Then all
> effort can be turned to optimize the worklist interface... MoOII has
> shown that it can be done nicely...

Tuomas also brought up such a switch idea. IMHO it is still wrong.

Wrt to the missing synchronization between change button and worklist:
this is fixed and a patch was sent to Tuomas.

What is wrong with the change button? In which way does the button
irritates you?

        Raimar

--
 email: rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx