Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: April 2001:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Happiness & CMA things: into CVS, when?

To: rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Happiness & CMA things: into CVS, when?
From: Thue <thue@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 9 Apr 2001 19:14:49 +0200

On Sunday 08 April 2001 23:38, Raimar Falke wrote:
> On Sun, Apr 08, 2001 at 09:47:49PM +0200, Thue wrote:
> > On Friday 06 April 2001 22:55, Tuomas Airaksinen wrote:
> > > Hi freecivers (especially admins and CVS writers),
> > >
> > > As you may have seen, my city dialog project is something next to
> > > ready. There are only two major things: to put 1) happiness display and
> > > 2) CMA in their own places on the dialog.
> > >
> > > But I'm not going to do that before they are in the CVS as they now are
> > > - and that's a problem. PLEASE CONSIDER APPLYING THEM (at least READ
> > > them so that they can be more quicklier be corrected to CVS-ready
> > > stage).
> > >
> > > Please...!
> >
> > If someone (re)sends me the latest version then I will take a look.
>
> It look like we have the following dependency tree: the new city
> dialog needs CMA. CMA needs attribute handling, city calculation in
> common, note handling (with serial numbers) and minor fixes.
>
> I have attached an updated version of attribute handling and city
> calculation patch. If these two patches are in the CVS I will work on
> the others and resent them.
>
>       Raimar

On moving stuff to common: We have to be very carefull if we do this! It
would be bad if the server got out of sync with the client. The good part is
that we can make an automated checker that compares the values the server
gives us with the values the client generates.
An example:
It would be a bug using unit_being_agressive() in the client; there may be a
allied city near that you cannot see. You moved unit_being_agressive() to
common.
That said, there seem not to be that many problems. But I would think this
was 1.12.0 stuff.

Attribute handling seem nice. But not much use right now if the CMA is
suspended until after 1.12.0.

-Thue