Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: March 2001:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: comments on ics solutions

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: comments on ics solutions
From: "Mike Jing" <miky40@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 03 Mar 2001 19:59:11 -0500

Marco Colombo <marco@xxxxxx> wrote:
[snip]
Maybe I can put it in another way: IMHO you're just "overloading" the meaning of unhappiness. It's true it has a role in limiting vertical expansion. Now you're using it to limit horizontal expansion as well.

Sorry, but I can't take credit for the idea. This is how it is done in Civ2, albeit in a more relaxed form. I haven't bothered to make it closer to Civ2 behavior because I am not sure it would be worth the trouble since nobody seems to like the idea to begin with. But I still think it's the right idea.

Yup. What has made such attempts fail? The Roman Empire was close to conquer the known world at that time. And *corruption* was on of the key factors in its fall... people unhappiness played a role only in Rome itself (that was so *vertically* expanded!)

I am sorry, but please spare me the "RL" argument. I am sure we would all be happy under the rule of the great Roman Empire.

Yeah, right.

Mike