Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: February 2001:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: cityname patch

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: cityname patch
From: Vasco Alexandre Da Silva Costa <vasc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 25 Feb 2001 21:58:42 +0000 (WET)

On Sun, 25 Feb 2001, Erik Sigra wrote:
> söndagen den 25 februari 2001 21:15 skrev Raimar Falke:
>
> >  - what are this c*r() methods?
>
> I asked Stan what thoose names are supposed to mean. Here is the answer I got:
> <http://sources.redhat.com/ml/xconq7/2001/msg00038.html>

First here's a page with links to Lisp resources:

<http://www.paulgraham.com/lisplinks.html>

"The early History of Lisp" may be interesting if you want to know more
about how the language came into being.

A short acronym list:
CL = Common Lisp
CLTL (1 & 2) = Common Lisp The Language (books by Guy Steele)

The CLTL books were the "de facto" standard for Lisp before the Ansi
Common Lisp standard came out.  Of course each Lisp compiler had it's own
freakyness.

The CLTL 2 book is available to read in the web.

Scheme is a "subset" of sorts of Lisp.

There are several Scheme parsers available.  Off my head i can remember
Guile from GNU & SIOD.

AI folks like Lisp (or at least they used to).

---