Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: February 2001:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: cityname patch

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx (Freeciv developers)
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: cityname patch
From: Reinier Post <rp@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2001 17:03:23 +0100

On Sun, Feb 25, 2001 at 09:16:18PM -0800, Stan Shebs wrote:

> XML for Xconq was discussed recently, although the conclusion was
> that it was more complex than GDL and didn't have any clear advantage,
> except perhaps for greater familiarity (let us not say "buzzword
> compliance" :-) ).

If XML is adopted, in my opinion it the reason should be the
introduction of a proper parser.  Another possible reason would be
different use of the same files, eg. for parsing by utilities written
in a different language.  There are already a few Perl programs out
there which parse Freeciv rulesets or savefiles.

--
Reinier