Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: February 2001:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: cityname patch

To: freeciv development list <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: cityname patch
From: Raimar Falke <hawk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 24 Feb 2001 23:27:53 +0100

On Sat, Feb 24, 2001 at 10:15:23PM +0000, Vasco Alexandre Da Silva Costa wrote:
> IMHO it's like this:  before adding more stuff the Lisp parser must be
> cleaned up.  Once it's cleaned up it will be commited.  I don't even care
> if it does *nothing* useful except what is expected from it (parse) at
> that stage but is working & clean.
>
> Besides i dunno if everyone on this mailing-list agrees that Lisp should
> be the language used for this.  I have no problem with using Lisp but
> several people may have.  Maybe this is part of the reason XConq was left
> in the dust for years in the first place?

Where do you want to use lisp? IMHO just adding the interpreter and
waiting for some problem to show up isn't right. Is it only for the
city name generation or for code sharing with xconq or something
other?

        Raimar

--
 email: rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
 "The Internet is really just a series of bottlenecks