Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: February 2001:
[Freeciv-Dev] cityname patch

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] cityname patch
From: Vasco Alexandre Da Silva Costa <vasc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2001 00:35:21 +0000 (WET)

Hello,

I've looked at citynames-6.diff and i have a few comments to make:

* the LISP parser could use more freeciv code.

e.g. xmalloc() vs fc_malloc(), copy_string() vs my_strdup(),
I'm guessing you also have some kind of hashtables & linked lists there.

#ifdef DEBUGGING when we use #ifdef DEBUG in freeciv.

Parts of the code use K&R instead of ANSI C!

Etc, etc... In short: make it more freeciv style...

The patch is certainly nice.  That cityname generator for e.g. is
interesting.

---