[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Suggestion: Growning cities

To: Greg Wooledge <wooledge@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Suggestion: Growning cities
From: Ashley Penney <ashp@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 27 Aug 2000 11:49:16 +0200

On Sat, Aug 26, 2000 at 11:20:26PM -0400, Greg Wooledge said:
> (Hey, why did you Blind-carbon-copy the freeciv-dev list?  I had to add
> the list address manually. ;-) )

I screwed up, because I expected it to default to reply to list, *grin*. :)

> Ashley Penney (ashp@xxxxxxxxxxx) wrote:
>
> > Speaking of which, I have a demand! *grin*.  I want to be able to apply
> > something
> > similar to capitalism (iirc, the improvement that doesn't build anything
> > other than
> > money), but right from the start.
>
> I'm pretty sure this, or something close to it, is going to be in Freeciv
> pretty soon.  There's been much discussion of it in the last month.
>
> As a player, though, I have a counter-suggestion: build Diplomats (or
> Spies if you have the tech).  They have no upkeep, they're fairly cheap
> to build, and they're immensely versatile.  I pretty much always need
> more Spies/Diplomats than I have.

Ah, that I didn't know, and that's incredibly helpful as I always play with
lots of diplomats for dealing with the irritating barbarians that pop up from
time to time.  Thanks. :)

--
Ashley Penney | ashp@xxxxxxxxxxx
"People who claim they don't let things little bother