[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Suggestion: Growning cities

To: Raphael Bosshard <whistler@xxxxxxxxxx>, "'freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx.'" <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Suggestion: Growning cities
From: Jules Bean <jules@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 26 Aug 2000 16:04:49 +0100

On Sat, Aug 26, 2000 at 10:32:57AM -0400, Greg Wooledge wrote:
> Raphael Bosshard (whistler@xxxxxxxxxx) wrote:
>
> > Idea/suggestion:
> > Cities get more squares as they grow.
>
> Activision's upcoming game "Call to Power II" is supposed to have
> this feature.  We may want to wait and see how they implement it.

On the other hand, we may just want to invent our own ideas!

Anyhow, didn't someone submit a patch for this a few months back?  I'm
sure I remember a patch which made the city_radius vary from 1 to 3,
at least.

> (From what I've read, they do away with the concept of tile workers.
> The city works *all* the squares of its radius, with the resources
> collected dependent on what's in the tiles, and how much of a workforce
> you dedicate to harvesting resources (as opposed to Entertainers etc.).)

That does sound good to me, I admit.  I've never enjoyed the 'which
worker works which tile' micromanagement.

Jules

--
Jules Bean                          |        Any sufficiently advanced
jules@xxxxxxxxxx                    |  technology is indistinguishable