[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Suggestion: Growning cities

To: Ashley Penney <ashp@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Suggestion: Growning cities
From: Greg Wooledge <wooledge@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 26 Aug 2000 23:20:26 -0400

(Hey, why did you Blind-carbon-copy the freeciv-dev list?  I had to add
the list address manually. ;-) )

Ashley Penney (ashp@xxxxxxxxxxx) wrote:

> Speaking of which, I have a demand! *grin*.  I want to be able to apply
> something
> similar to capitalism (iirc, the improvement that doesn't build anything
> other than
> money), but right from the start.

I'm pretty sure this, or something close to it, is going to be in Freeciv
pretty soon.  There's been much discussion of it in the last month.

As a player, though, I have a counter-suggestion: build Diplomats (or
Spies if you have the tech).  They have no upkeep, they're fairly cheap
to build, and they're immensely versatile.  I pretty much always need
more Spies/Diplomats than I have.

--
Greg Wooledge                    | "Truth belongs to everybody."
wooledge@xxxxxxxxxxx             |   Red Hot Chili Peppers