[Freeciv-Dev] Re: spaceship with no civilisation can land (PR#541)

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: spaceship with no civilisation can land (PR#541)
From: Greg Wooledge <wooledge@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 26 Aug 2000 20:27:41 -0700 (PDT)

Tom Goulet (tomg@xxxxxxxxxxx) wrote:

> An enemy civilisation of mine launched a spaceship.  He didn't have a
> capital city.  I went conquered his civilisation, all of it.  A few
> years later his spaceship lands and wins the game.  :-P

Wow. :-)

> I am sure this is a problem, but not exactly sure how the game should
> handle the situation of having a spaceship without a capital city.

In Civ1, a civ with no capital is immune to having its spaceship destroyed
by having its capital captured.  (In that case, you'd better get those
engines & modules built, and launch *fast*!  The one or two times this has
happened to me, I've never been able to get my spaceship out fast enough.)

However, I have no idea what happens in Civ1 if you completely conquer
a civ with a spaceship en route.

--
Greg Wooledge                    | "Truth belongs to everybody."
wooledge@xxxxxxxxxxx             |   Red Hot Chili Peppers