[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Plans for 1.12

Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Plans for 1.12
From: Reinier Post <rp@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2000 00:57:36 +0200

On Mon, Jun 19, 2000 at 06:38:59PM +0200, Tomasz Wegrzanowski wrote:
> I would like to ask freeciv developers what features
> would they like to see in 1.12 (or maybe 2.0, why not ???)
> Please, add what you want to this list and send it to freeciv-dev ML.
>
> - bugfixes, more nations etc.

No interest here - are there any bugs left?  There are some annoyances.
One thing is the predominance of city building, this should end,
at least in the default settings.  Another is the relative lack of
keyboard shortcuts.  I have a patch to add some but it isn't finished.

> - better terrain.ruleset
> - sound support
> - colorful messages

No interest from me ...

> - more flexible difficulty settings

Yes, using /ailevel 5 would be fine with me.

> - ships on rivers

Trains are nice, too.

> - coastal artilery units
> - amphibia (sea+land) units
> - valutas

No interest from me ...

> - basic kickstart functionality
> - basic server scripting
> - rewritten human<->server interface

Rewritten server command line interface + a client-side GUI for server
commands + connections over local Unix sockets + a wrapper to start
server and client at once = kickstart functionality + rewritten interface.

Scripting can wait until somebody spends the energy to do it right (?)

I have a wishlist of my own but nothing which is all that urgent.
Some AI improvements would be nice (for hard AI).

--
Reinier