[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Perl for scripting

To: FreeCiv Developers <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Perl for scripting
From: Lalo Martins <lalo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2000 02:17:23 -0300

On Tue, Jun 27, 2000 at 11:40:41PM -0500, Cameron Morland wrote:

> Well, speaking of weird languages, I suggest we use Postscript to do the
> job. Now _that_'s weird! Here's a simple program to get you going -- if
> you want more, I wrote a Mandelbrot set interpreter in
> PS.... <http://www.eng.uwaterloo.ca/~cjmorlan/fractals/mandelbrot.ps>

Don't joke... there are people who actually find it more
natural to program in postfixed notation :-)

And actually, for some tasks, stack-based processing can be
pretty useful. Constructs like

        Ybot {
                dup Xleft exch moveto
                dup Xright exch lineto
                spacing add
                dup Ytop ge { exit } if
        } bind loop
        stroke
        pop

or

%string Xleft Ybot fontsize fonttype texto -
/texto {
        findfont
        exch scalefont
        setfont
        moveto
        show
} bind def

are hard to match ;-)

[]s,
                                               +----
--
          Hack and Roll  ( http://www.hackandroll.org )
            News for, uh, whatever it is that we are.

http://zope.gf.com.br/lalo           mailto:lalo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
         pgp key: http://zope.gf.com.br/lalo/pessoal/pgp

Brazil of Darkness (RPG)    ---     http://zope.gf.com.br/BroDar