[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Plans for 1.12

To: Freeciv Dev <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Plans for 1.12
From: Artur Biesiadowski <abies@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2000 16:12:49 +0200

Daniel Sjölie wrote:

> This should also include the ability to edit (and save) loaded
> rulesets... Actually, there should be no conceptual difference between
> ruleset variables and server variables... Variables with the info now
> kept in server variables should be kept in a ruleset file and all
> ruleset data should be editable once loaded...

I don't agree that server variables and rulesets should be in same file.
In most cases IMHO, player would like to keep rulesets unmodified and
change only server local variables. Then when they will upgrade or
change to some funky ruleset all things like timeouts,max number of
player etc will stay the same. Of course there are some things that
cross the border, like map generation, but for things like security it
should be kept in ruleset independent file.

Artur