[Freeciv-Dev] Re: patch: techtree support (PR#405)

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: patch: techtree support (PR#405)
From: Artur Biesiadowski <abies@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2000 16:09:28 +0200

David Pfitzner wrote:

>  - If desired the intermediate file may be hand-edited, or could be
> produced by some other method.  In particular, files could be hand-
> produced to create tech-trees for non-freeciv games (SMAC etc?).
> This approach would be easier than trying to mock-up full-size
> freeciv ruleset files just to produce techtree graphs.

Yes, at some point I was trying to run techtree agaist C:CTP rules (to
see what CelestialDawn mod have changed). Extracting it from CTP ruleset
was not so hard, worst part was with units - I don't remember which is
which, but in one game they were obsoleted by units in second by
technology. Maybe it could be possible to add suport for both ways in
techtree ?

Artur