[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Nations policy

To: Tomasz Wegrzanowski <maniek@xxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Nations policy
From: Stig Erik Sandoe <stig@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2000 23:12:24 +0100 (MET)

On Mon, 14 Feb 2000, Tomasz Wegrzanowski wrote:

> We should not allow nations newer than 500 years.

I am sure germans and americans would disagree here :-)

> On Mon, Feb 14, 2000 at 09:34:59AM +0100, Stig Erik Sandoe wrote:
> > On Mon, 14 Feb 2000, Tomasz Wegrzanowski wrote:
> > > Norwegian/Icelandic spelling for them is a good thing.
> > > Please send patch.
> >
> > I understand that a split of the two was ok?
>
> Not really. There are very little Icelandics.
> They can't be in freeciv, unless as part of bigger nation.

I was thinking of splitting the Viking nation into two nations;
- a modern norwegian nation (one of the oldest democracies in
  Europe with a democratic constitution from 1814)
- a viking nation (with more correct city names and leaders)

The mix right now is kindof silly and the "city" names in
the Viking nation doesn't make sense for either.  I can probably
dig out a few books about the vikings and come up with a patch.

And I also want names of leaders (for all nations) to be
translatable, which I will probably put in the same patch.

Stig Erik Sandoe     stig@xxxxxxxxx    http://www.ii.uib.no/~stig/