[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Nations policy

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Nations policy
From: Massimo Campostrini <campo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 15 Feb 2000 15:23:06 +0100

Lalo Martins <lalo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> > 4) City names should be unique in game, and there should be
> >    enough cities to not need to use global nameset early.
> >    No upper bound for city amount is set.
>
> Agree.

Why are non-unique city names a problem?
Thebae is a must-have for both the Greeks and the Egyptians.

> I propose a better sollution; include a ``modern'' and an
> ``ancient'' nationset with the standard game. The ``modern''
> has Italians, English, Mexicans, Iraqians and so on. The
> ``ancient'' has Romans, Celts, Aztecs, Babilonians. End of
> problem, everyone has their way and whoever runs the server has
> the power to make the decision.

I agree; no more nonsense of Ramses fighting Stalin.  I had started
working on the ``ancient'' nation set, but I never seem to have enough
time :-(  If I ever finish "ancient China", I'll post it.  A more
ambitious goal would be 4 nation sets: ancient, medieval, early
modern, contemporary.

--
        Massimo Campostrini