[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Nations policy

Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Nations policy
From: Robert Brady <rwb197@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2000 21:42:27 +0000 (GMT)

On Mon, 14 Feb 2000, Tomasz Wegrzanowski wrote:

> We should not allow nations newer than 500 years.

I disagree.

> English    -> Anglosaxons

But England has been around a lot longer than 500 years!

It doesn't really matter what nations get in. So what, that there are
ancient civilisations in the same game as modern civilizations. It doesn't
matter : it is only a game, and the city names are anachronistic anyway.

I don't really see anything wrong even with having Italians and Romans
as different nations, although I would probably draw the line at having
both Soviets and Russians, or putting in the European Union.

At the bottom line, freeciv is about fun, not historical accuracy.

--
Robert