[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Nations policy

To: Stig Erik Sandoe <stig@xxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Tomasz Wegrzanowski <maniek@xxxxxxxx>, freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Nations policy
From: Tobias Brox <tobiasb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2000 00:44:45 +0100 (MET)

> > We should not allow nations newer than 500 years.
>
> I am sure germans and americans would disagree here :-)

Blah.  Those over there are youngsters, they just have to live with it ...
they absolutely don't belong in the same category as the Incas and the
Babylonians. ...and the Germans shouldn't be too nationalistic anyway.

> I was thinking of splitting the Viking nation into two nations;
> - a modern norwegian nation (one of the oldest democracies in
>   Europe with a democratic constitution from 1814)
> - a viking nation (with more correct city names and leaders)

Fits perfectly well with the suggested split.  Put The Vikings (including
the sveas and the danes, if I'm not mistaken, and of course the Islandics)
into the classic ruleset, and the Norwegians (including the artic
territories)

> The mix right now is kindof silly

It has always been silly - "The Americans" really don't belong there.

> and the "city" names in
> the Viking nation doesn't make sense for either.  I can probably
> dig out a few books about the vikings and come up with a patch.

I don't know much about ancient viking cities, but I can at least think of
the city names Jordvik, Kaupang, Vyborg and Holmgard ... there are of
course a lot more of them.

--
Tobias Brox (alias TobiX) - +4722925871 - _urgent_ emails not beeing acted
upon within 10 mins might be resent sms@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.

Play Spades, Backgammon, etc for free: http://www.funcom.com/ (Java)
Check our upcoming RPG at http://www.anarchy-online.com/ (Qt)