Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: June 1999:
Re: [Freeciv-Dev] [patch] divorce government == tech

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] [patch] divorce government == tech
From: Greg Wooledge <wooledge@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 1999 18:55:24 -0400

Daniel Sjolie (deepone@xxxxxxxxxx) wrote:

> On 1999-06-07 18:46:13, Greg Wooledge wrote:

> > In Civ2, in order to build "Nuclear" units, you must know both Rocketry
> > and Nuclear Fission.  (I don't think this is in the documentation, but I
> > know it to be true empirically....)
>
> Manhattan Project (requires Nuclear Fission):
> Allow all players with knowledge of Rocketry to build Nuclear units.

You're reading the documentation, which isn't correct.  In one game
of Civ2, someone built the Manhattan Project and started nuking me.
I obtained Rocketry (either with a Spy or via conquest, or by research,
I forget which) but couldn't build Nuclears.  I had to have fission, too.

--
Greg Wooledge                    | Distributed.NET http://www.distributed.net/
wooledge@xxxxxxxxxxx             | because a CPU is a terrible thing to waste.