Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: June 1999:
Re: [Freeciv-Dev] [patch] divorce government == tech

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] [patch] divorce government == tech
From: a_beraud@xxxxxxxx (Alexandre BERAUD)
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 1999 09:43:28 +0200 (MET DST)

David Pfitzner wrote:

>True enough, but I agree with what others have said, that it
>would be better to achieve results like these by adjusting the
>tech tree, and if necessary adding features to the tech tree such
>as variable tech costs.
>
>This may not give _quite_ the same effects (and eg may not exactly
>duplicate the Civ2 nuke behaviour), but in one go you would get the
>same flexibility for all of governments, buildings and units, and
>anything else which has a tech requirement.

Ok, I've not been reading all the mails dealing with this problem.
But I think it's time to go forward and design new units. Some of us
want Freeciv to develop and separate from CivI/II rules, some want a
CTP mode, some want a Freeciv mode. I vote for the last one. Let's
design new features instead of only changing the ruleset or the
existing units. We need fresh air !

Alex