Re: [Freeciv-Dev] gameplay

To: Daniel_Burrows@xxxxxxxxx
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] gameplay
From: David Pfitzner <dwp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 4 Feb 1999 10:44:12 +1100

Daniel Burrows wrote:

> On Thu, Feb 04, 1999 at 08:58:54AM +1100, David Pfitzner was heard to say:
> > Well, it is hard to follow the AI-initiated combat, because the
> > AI does all its moves really quickly at the end-turn/begin-turn=20
> > change-over.  But I find that the Messages Window (which Daniel=20
> > appears to be lacking) helps to keep track of what happened.
>
>   Actually, I have another comment on this.  The default is for all messages
> to be off, which means that the player gets _no_ notification at all when t=
> hose
> events happen, if I understand things correctly.

No, the default isn't for them all to be off, unless something is broken
or unless you turned them off explicitely and then saved the client
settings.  (Something could be broken and I just haven't been noticing
because my client settings turns them back on.)

> I think that
> they should _at least_ notify the player in the message box when these
> events occur,

That's what's supposed to happen.

-- David