Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-ai: April 2002:
[freeciv-ai] Re: README.AI

To: "Per I. Mathisen" <Per.Inge.Mathisen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-ai@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [freeciv-ai] Re: README.AI
From: Gregory Berkolaiko <Gregory.Berkolaiko@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 27 Apr 2002 18:11:51 +0100 (BST)

On Sat, 27 Apr 2002, Per I. Mathisen wrote:

> On Sat, 27 Apr 2002, Gregory Berkolaiko wrote:
> > Would be nice to have a go at it.
>
> Good :-)

Will do tonight.

> > The changes I'd do:
> > * French spacing
>
> What is that? If that is adding spacing randomly through the text to make
> it fit exactly with the right margin, I'm against that.

Oh, no, that's Microsoft spacing.
French spacing is when you have double space after the end of a sentence
and in all other cases --- single space.  Looks much better IMO.  Easier
to pick individual sentences.

> > * Separating "Thing to be fixed" into "Things needing fix" and "things
> > worked upon" (the latter to include plains and diplomacy.  What else?).
> > This prevents new people from spending their time on projects which are in
> > a half-finished state already.
>
> Maybe add a section "Things we've tried and rejected", too? (Put the point
> Raimar rejected in an earlier post there. Maybe the floating point
> amortize goes that way too...)

Have we rejected FP amortize?  It is not dividing anything, I think we are
safe there.

> > * Maybe add some speculation on how to change choice struct (should it go
> > to "want" section or "idea space"?).
>
> Idea space, IMHO.

Ok.