Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-ai: April 2002:
[freeciv-ai] Re: README.AI

To: Raimar Falke <rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-ai@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [freeciv-ai] Re: README.AI
From: Gregory Berkolaiko <Gregory.Berkolaiko@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2002 20:44:08 +0100 (BST)

On Mon, 29 Apr 2002, Raimar Falke wrote:

> > Tried to avoid formatting other peoples text.  But I really wanted to add
> > double line interval between different sections.
>
> Why don't you do it?

I did now.

> Either indent all sections with two spaces or none.

I really like French spacing but I don't think it's good to edit other
people's typing in this case.  Besides it's not that important.

> > Speculation:
> > What is better, to receive 10$ annually starting 5 years from now or
> > 5$ annually starting from this year?  The function amortize is
>
> "now" and "this year" is the same for me.

"now" is in fact "5 years from now".  Or did you mean something else?
Added "in":
What is better, to receive 10$ annually starting in 5 years from now or
5$ annually starting from this year?

> > years time 10$ will buy as much as 10*(100/(100+x))^5 $ will buy
> > today.  Denoting 100/(100+x) by q we get the general formula, N$ in Y
> > years time will be equivalent to N*q^Y in todays money.  If we will
> > receive N$ every year starting Y years from now, the total amount
> > receivable (in todays money) is
>
> Please drop the $. They make it hard to read.

ok

> > The version of amortize used in military code (military_amortize())
>
> > remains a complete mistery.
>                       ^

thanks

> > * Maintenance
> >   = (1 shield + Unhappiness_Compensation) * Operation_Time
> >   (here unhappiness is from military unit being away from home)
>
> And for what is the shield?

expanded to
* Maintenance
  = (Support + Unhappiness_Compensation) * Operation_Time
  (here unhappiness is from military unit being away from home
   and Support is the number of shields spent on supporting this unit
   per turn )

Hopefully it's ok.

Updated version attached.