Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-ai: April 2002:
[freeciv-ai] Re: README.AI

To: <freeciv-ai@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [freeciv-ai] Re: README.AI
From: "Per I. Mathisen" <Per.Inge.Mathisen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 27 Apr 2002 18:34:54 +0200 (MEST)

On Sat, 27 Apr 2002, Gregory Berkolaiko wrote:
> Would be nice to have a go at it.

Good :-)

> The changes I'd do:
> * French spacing

What is that? If that is adding spacing randomly through the text to make
it fit exactly with the right margin, I'm against that.

> * Writing up the amortization section (largely speculation)

Feel free.

> * Separating "Thing to be fixed" into "Things needing fix" and "things
> worked upon" (the latter to include plains and diplomacy.  What else?).
> This prevents new people from spending their time on projects which are in
> a half-finished state already.

Maybe add a section "Things we've tried and rejected", too? (Put the point
Raimar rejected in an earlier post there. Maybe the floating point
amortize goes that way too...)

> * Maybe add some speculation on how to change choice struct (should it go
> to "want" section or "idea space"?).

Idea space, IMHO.

Yours,
Per

Ask not what you can do for your country
Ask what your country did to you
 -- KMFDM, Dogma