Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: linux-help: March 2002:
[linux-help] Re: Mandrake 8.2

To: linux-help@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [linux-help] Re: Mandrake 8.2
From: "gLaNDix (Jesse Kaufman)" <glandix@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2002 09:02:53 -0600

On Thursday 21 March 2002 12:24 pm, you wrote:

> Tables are bad for layout. Use CSS you'll be more happy.
> Play with this site a little to see what I mean.
> http://www.neuralust.com/~cac6982/

yah, but unfortunately not all browsers support CSS2, let alone CSS1...  =
all=20
my webpages are atleast usable with CSS turned off so that i can use them=
 in=20
NS, mozilla, Konq, lynx, and IE, depending on where I'm at...

> I used KDE quite a bit pre 2.x. I was even quite active on the KDE list=
=2E
> But when I switched to Debian I started using WMaker then Gnome and
> Enligtenment now Gnome and Sawfish. I am so used to Gnome apps now I
> don't want to change. I tried KDE a couple weeks ago, when I was playin=
> around with Lycoris and Mandrake, but Debian kept calling me back. 8)
> Its all what you get used to, I suppose.

yah, i tried MDK8.1, but no matter what i do, i keep going back to slackw=
are!=20
:^ )  i love having complete control of everything (actually, if it wasn'=
t=20
for apps like CrossOver and some netscape plugins written specifically fo=
r=20
Linux, I'd be using FreeBSD on this machine)...  anyway, I'm now running=20
KDE-3.0rc3 and so far have been pretty impressed by it...  lots of new li=
ttle=20
niceties...  plus, it seems quite a bit faster than 2.2.2...  i'm sure a =
lot=20
in the background has changed, but so far, i've only been looking at the=20
end-user changes... : ^ )

gLaNDix