Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: linux-help: March 2002:
[linux-help] Re: Mandrake 8.2

To: linux-help@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [linux-help] Re: Mandrake 8.2
From: Nate Bargmann <n0nb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2002 20:14:29 -0600

* gLaNDix (Jesse Kaufman) <glandix@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> [2002 Mar 20 16:30 -0600]:

> difference!  Plus, i can now have a nifty shadow under my cursor just like
> win2k....  oooo...  : ^ )

Oh yeah?  Tell me more.  I thought Xfree still only had the brain-dead
2D black on white cursor.  Have they finally done something to improve
it?

I'm still running Debian Testing. AFAIK, XFree 4.2.0 has not even landed
in Unstable yet, so I'm a bit behind there.  I just put a new system
together, an AMD Athlon, 1.33 GHz, and I also bought an nVidia GeForce 2
MX 400 board.  After building the kernel with MTRR and AGP support, I
noticed the OpenGL stuff really smoothed out.  I guess you're going to
convince me to try the nVidia drivers too.

- Nate >>

--
 Wireless | Amateur Radio Station N0NB          | "We have awakened a
 Internet | n0nb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx               | sleeping giant and