Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: linux-help: June 2000:
[linux-help] Re: 3c509 problems

To: linux-help@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [linux-help] Re: 3c509 problems
From: Carl D Cravens <raven@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2000 07:14:48 -0500 (CDT)

On Thu, 15 Jun 2000, Matt Alexander wrote:

> You know what, before I get into all of that, I'd like to try something,
> could you tell me how to find the port and irq for an my nic, its an isa so
> it's a little harder.

And ISA 3COM Etherlink III?  I thought those only came in PCI.

If it's an ISA and it doesn't have jumpers, you're going to need a
software utility to read/change the settings.  I'm pretty sure that there
are Linux tools for that, but I've always just used the DOS boot disk that
came with my ISA card myself.

Search your distro for plug-n-play tools.

--
Carl D Cravens (raven@xxxxxxxxxxx)
Dogs crawl under fences, Software crawls under Windows.