Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: linux-help: June 2000:
[linux-help] Upgrade from HD copy

To: linux-help@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [linux-help] Upgrade from HD copy
From: Carl D Cravens <raven@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2000 15:43:46 -0500 (CDT)

I'm getting ready to upgrade my Linux server (to slink).  It's CD-ROM is
flakey and I've got lots of disk space, so I decided to download the parts
of the distribution that I need and do the upgrade off the hard disk.

Do I need anything more than the

stable/main/upgrade-2.0-i386/
stable/main/binary-[all|i386]/
stable/contrib/binary-[all|i386]/

directories?  (Assuming I don't need non-free.)

(Since this is a 24/7 server and I'm doing a disk swap at the same time,
it's critical that I have everything I need before I get started.)

--
Carl D Cravens (raven@xxxxxxxxxxx)
You can tell the nature of a man by the words he chooses.