Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: linux-help: June 2000:
[linux-help] Re: 3c509 problems

To: linux-help@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [linux-help] Re: 3c509 problems
From: Carl D Cravens <raven@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2000 22:40:21 -0500 (CDT)

On Thu, 15 Jun 2000, Matt Alexander wrote:

> I have been trying to get Linux configured for Roadrunner (cable modem ISP)
> and I haven't been having very much luck, I am starting to think its my 3com
> elink 3 too.  I guess the only way to fix this is by buying a different nic.
> If I try that before you do I'll tell you if it works or not.

The 3COM cards are excellent and one of the earliest ones to get drivers,
if I recall correctly.  I'm running on an old, used card and it works just
fine.  (Connected to DSL, for the record.)  If you suspect the card,
suspect it for being faulty and not for being a 3COM.

--
Carl D Cravens (raven@xxxxxxxxxxx)
I came. I saw. I stole your tagline.