Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: linux-help: June 2000:
[linux-help] Re: 3c509 problems

To: linux-help@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [linux-help] Re: 3c509 problems
From: bert <bert@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2000 11:42:02 -0500 (CDT)

On Thu, 15 Jun 2000, Matt Alexander wrote:

> I have been trying to get Linux configured for Roadrunner (cable modem ISP)
> and I haven't been having very much luck, I am starting to think its my 3com
> elink 3 too.  I guess the only way to fix this is by buying a different nic.
> If I try that before you do I'll tell you if it works or not.
>
>                                   -Matt Alexander

whoa, matt

don't go buy some more cards --
james, are those the same cards you brought to the saturday
network meeting a while back?

matt, you said you saw your card:
>Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2000 18:23:47 -0500
>Ok, I saw My card in the dmesg,
> that worked fine the first time, I didn't
>need to run modprobe 3c509 (yes, the module for my card IS 3c509).
> I also
>saw it in  ifconfig (after that update a sec ago).

matt, i thought the next step was dhcp . . .

did anyone try any of the nic cards james had at that meeting?
i didn't even get a chance to look at them . . . .

imho, matt's thread for setting up dhcp for roadrunner
and james' thread for 3c509 shouldn't be mixed, though
they seem to somewhat intermingle.

ok, bert