Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: April 2003:
[Freeciv] Re: Technology

To: David Paigen <paigen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv] Re: Technology
From: Raimar Falke <rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2003 11:41:57 +0200

On Sun, Apr 13, 2003 at 01:26:00PM -0700, David Paigen wrote:
> If the scripts can do anything, then people will start developing
> freeciv robots and you won't know if you are in a fair game or not.

The server can't per se decide if a client is controlled by a human or
to what degree. Since it is also an open source game you also can't be
sure that you aren't playing a robot/client side AI right now.

        Raimar

--
 email: rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
 "We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters