Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: April 2003:
[Freeciv] Re: Technology

To: Thomas Strub <ue80@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv] Re: Technology
From: Raimar Falke <rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2003 11:28:51 +0200

On Sun, Apr 13, 2003 at 04:19:32PM +0200, Thomas Strub wrote:
> When Raimar presented the CMA at FUADEC is said to him that CMA is
> rather useless without that triggers, but he said it would be to
> complicate to have sizedependend rules.

I now see the need. The question is how this can be build into the a
GUI without complicating it too much.

> A production MA like you describe it would be a big help for
> playing.  Hope someone will code it sometime (For a better AI we
> need it anyway.)

I have started something like this with the TMA (town management
agent) which was included in the last unit agents (the patch is months
old). It implemented: if a new settler can be used in a good way (the
SMA has work for it) build the settler. If not build
capitalization. This TMA also did try successfully to speed the
production of a settler up by changing the CMA parameter to get the
required amount of food and shields at the same time and it also buys
the settler production. No GUI for the TMA. This is actually the part
which required the most code and is the least fun.

        Raimar

--
 email: rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
 "We just typed make..."