Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: April 2003:
[Freeciv] Re: Technology

To: freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv] Re: Technology
From: Raimar Falke <rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2003 15:38:52 +0200

On Mon, Apr 14, 2003 at 01:10:43PM +0200, Christian Knoke wrote:
> Since this model can give problems for players with a *lot* of units
> (at war times)

Yes there is a dilemma here: fairness vs convenience. For the movement
one solution is the use of goto. But this is not always what you
want. You want to see the result of this fight to judge what the
actions will be for example.

What is possible now with small changes to the code is that goto
routes which are already submitted to the server are executed in
parallel (intermixed) at the end or start of the turn. This would be
fairer but I'm not sure how much real fairness this is. It is also
possible to do this for during a turn but this requires a lot of code
changes since the server is currently single-threaded. The term
"single-requested" is better.

        Raimar

--
 email: rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
 "Python 2.0 beta 1 is now available [...]. There is a long list of new