Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: February 2003:
[Freeciv] Re: Diplomacy

To: freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv] Re: Diplomacy
From: "Per I. Mathisen" <per@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2003 14:48:25 +0000 (GMT)

On Mon, 17 Feb 2003, Christoph Petschnig wrote:
> --- "Per I. Mathisen" <per@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >- The "No Contact" status is removed from the list of treaties,
>
> Will I be able to know if I ever had contact to a nation?

No. Is that a big problem?

> >- You can give away an embassy to the other player as part of
> > the diplomatic meeting.
>
> There should be a cost for that, ie. 20 gold.

The cost is in that the other player can see what you are doing, I guess.

I don't see how to easily incorporate a gold cost in the meet dialog, or
how to find a non-arbitrary, reasonable cost for an embassy.

> The Marco Polo wonder will be even less attractive after these
> changes. Maybe we should upgrade it in some way.

I think it is way overpowered as it is, especially in cooperative games
(eg 2 on 2, or 3 on 3). In teamciv the cost of Marco Polo was increased to
600 for this reason.

> We should also consider some changes for the demographic report. I
> never unterstood, why it would only show the top nation.

Yes, but that is a separate issue.

  - Per