Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-java: January 1999:
Re: [FreeCiv-Java] Work Distribution

To: freeciv-java@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [FreeCiv-Java] Work Distribution
From: Sebastian Fischmeister <sfischme@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 5 Jan 1999 12:15:58 +0100

> 1. Agree on the MAJOR framework design philosophy

That's absolutely right. There has to be a big design phase ( UML
for structures, GUI-planning, third-party source evaluation), before
we begin with coding.

Esp. well known design patterns should be used, to ease reuse and help
other 'join' the coding phase. (eg.: factory-pattern for units and
maptiles, singleton-pattern for general options, etc...)

We could use 'dia' for UML.

> 2. Delegate the detailed framework coding of the different parts out
>    to different people.  These people having direct access to the
>    code-base via cvs.

Correct. Without CVS, we have no chance at all.

Yours,
  -Sebastian