Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: November 2005:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#13863) Data: Illyrian nation

To: himasaram@xxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#13863) Data: Illyrian nation
From: "William Allen Simpson" <wsimpson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 4 Nov 2005 04:18:30 -0800

Daniel Markstedt wrote:
> I'm attaching an "Illyria" flag, which is a modified Albanian one with
> yellow background as you suggested, and enlarged eagle insignia
> (otherwise it end up looking like a black shapeless blob when rendered
> into a small flag.)

Still looks mostly like a black blob.  Probably because the feathery
wing style appears to be Renaissance.  All the early eagles have nice
solid wings and bodies on the coins and engravings.

Also, the double headed "illyrian" eagle on a yellow flag was Roman
Empire (the symbol of the "illyrian" roman emporers and later the
Byzantines) taken from the (hittite?) Anatolians.

If we cut back the historical period to pre-roman, need a different
flag symbol.  The horse seems popular on the coins.  Also the snake.
--
William Allen Simpson