Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: November 2005:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#13863) Data: Illyrian nation

To: wsimpson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#13863) Data: Illyrian nation
From: "Daniel Markstedt" <himasaram@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 3 Nov 2005 08:58:59 -0800

On 2005-11-02, at 07.21, William Allen Simpson wrote:

> OK, here is a merge, with commentary, untested as I still cannot run
> 2.1.
> Later, I'll supply replacement flags.

Good job! It's almost ready to be committed.

Just a few comments: We don't have an Albanian or Thracian nation yet.
It'd be better not to add any references to them until they exist.

I removed the two Romans, as they arguably are not leaders of the
Illyrian people. They were put there in the first place because I felt
the leader list was lacking in quantity.

I'm attaching an "Illyria" flag, which is a modified Albanian one with
yellow background as you suggested, and enlarged eagle insignia
(otherwise it end up looking like a black shapeless blob when rendered
into a small flag.) The 'flag_alt' tag should only be used if you want
a fallback flag that is present in older version of the client.

Finally, have you checked against neighboring nations for city name
conflicts?

Cheers

-Daniel

PNG image