Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: November 2005:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#14535) Data: Updates to nations

To: himasaram@xxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#14535) Data: Updates to nations
From: "William Allen Simpson" <wsimpson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 3 Nov 2005 09:13:36 -0800

Daniel Markstedt wrote:

> - Native spellings of cities.

These seems to be good changes to me, but wouldn't it be good to
document the alternative spellings, as discussed recently for egyptian?

> Also put back some cities I removed in previous patches and added a
> conflict with that nation instead.

As a newcomer, I thought that the conflicts_with was for similar flags,
not overlapping city names?  Could this be better explained/documented?

My suggestion would be to include the same city in every civilization
that occupied it.  The game can ensure that only 1 civ uses it, the
list search seems easy enough.

After all, London is a large city in England and Canada (and smaller
but prevalent in rather a lot of other English speaking states).

--
William Allen Simpson