Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: November 2005:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#13864) Data: Kurd nation

To: himasaram@xxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#13864) Data: Kurd nation
From: "Christian Knoke" <chrisk@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 3 Nov 2005 09:15:46 -0800

On Thu, Nov 03, 2005 at 07:44:54AM -0800, Daniel Markstedt wrote:

> Updated Kurd ruleset.

I have headache with the mention of Abdullah Öcalan as a leader. AFAIK he is
the leader of the PKK.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PKK

I don't think you can call him a leader of a national or liberty movement
and not at all a potential leader of the Kurds.

BTW, the PKK have been one of the main suspects charged with the murder of
Olof Palme.

Another point is that there are no cities from turkey in, while in southern
turkey there live lots of Kurds.

In general, I think that adding a various number of ethnics as 'pseudo'
nations to Freeciv is rather political hot. While support for ethnic
identification is probably ok in general, we should maybe more sensible with
this; this might support playing the national card as well. The experience
with several european wars in the last two decades should kept as warning
IMHO. Please excuse me if the expression of my thoughts here is
insufficient.

So, what I suggest is, not force this, until there is public interest. We
have a great number of nations now, not at last with the help of your good
and skilled work.

Christian