Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: November 2005:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#13863) Data: Illyrian nation

To: himasaram@xxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#13863) Data: Illyrian nation
From: "William Allen Simpson" <wsimpson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 1 Nov 2005 22:21:20 -0800

Daniel Markstedt wrote:
> If you wouldn't mind, I'd appreciate it if you put together what you
> would think is the most proper Illyrian nation yourself!
>
> Use my illyrian.ruleset in this ticket as a template. That will make it
> 2.1 compatible.

OK, here is a merge, with commentary, untested as I still cannot run 2.1.
Later, I'll supply replacement flags.

[nation_illyrian]

name=_("Illyrian")
plural=_("?plural:Illyrians")
groups=_("Ancient"), _("European")
legend=_("Illyrians were an Indo-European tribe who appeared in the\
  western part of the Balkan Peninsula before 1000 BC. \
  Illyrian kingdoms were independent for centuries. \
  Modern Albanians claim to be their descendants.")

; listed from legendary founder to Roman emporers from the region.
leader=
  "Hyllus",              ; d 1225 BCE
  "Bardhylus",           ; d 359 BCE, Dardanian
  "Grabus",              ; c 356 BCE, Grabaei
  "Pleuratus",           ; c 337 BCE, Ardiaei
  "Glaukias",            ; c 335 BCE, Taulanti
  "Agron",               ; d 230 BCE, Ardiaei
  "Teuta",               ; a 227 BCE
  "Gentius",             ; a 168 BCE
  "Marcus Aurelius Claudius Gothicus",   ; c 268-270 CE
  "Lucius Domitius Aurelianus"           ; c 270-275 CE
leader_sex="Male", "Male", "Male", "Male", "Male",
        "Male", "Female", "Male", "Male", "Male"

; A double headed eagle was depicted on the standard of the Illyrians.
; Yellow background used here to match board game.
flag = "illyrian"
; Red background used here to match modern Albanian state.
flag_alt = "albanian"
city_style = "Classical"

init_techs=""
init_buildings=""
init_government="Despotism"
init_units=""
conflicts_with = "albanian"
civilwar_nations = "italian", "greek", "roman", "thracian"

; known regional capitals listed first.
; remaining order is random (unknown).
; some cities were captured from the Greeks.
; some cities are Dalmatian, Dardanian, or regions Romans called "Illyrian".
; many cities were destroyed by Romans, and replaced by Latin toponyms.
; use earliest known spellings instead of later replacements:
; Albanopoli-Zgerdhesh
; Antipatria-Berat
; Buthrot-Butrint
; Dimal-Dimallium
; Epidamnos-Dyrrachium-Durres
; Gylaceia-Apollonia
; Phoenice-Foinike-Finiq
; Pitve-Pharos-Pharia-Fara-Hvar
; Lyssos-Lissus-Lezha
; Naissos-Naissus-Nish
; Rhizon-Rhizinium-Risan
; Scodra-Scutarii-Shkoder
; Skopidia-Skupi-Skopje
cities =
   "Scodra (hills, !ocean)",
   "Gylaceia (plains, river, ocean)",
   "Epidamnos (ocean)",
   "Onchesmos (ocean)",
   "Albanopoli",
   "Damastion (mountains, hills, !ocean)",
   "Bylis (hills, !ocean)",
   "Dimal (hills)",
   "Lyssos (hills, plains, ocean)",
   "Meteoni",
   "Ulcinium (ocean)",
   "Rhizon (mountains, hills, ocean)",
   "Amantia (mountains, hills, river)",
   "Antigonea (mountains, hills, forest, !ocean)",
   "Antipatrea (mountains, hills, river, !ocean)",
   "Buthrot (hills, ocean)",
   "Corcyra (hills, ocean)",
   "Encheleana (hills)",
   "Issa (ocean)",
   "Naissos (river)",
   "Oricum (ocean)",
   "Pitve (hills, ocean)",
   "Skopidia (river)",
   "Vlora (ocean)",
   "Metulus (mountains, hills, forest, !ocean)",
   "Phoenice (hills, plains, river, !ocean)",
   "Savaria (mountains, hills, plains, swamp, river, !ocean)",
   "Sopianae (hills, plains, swamp, river, !ocean)",
   "Siscia (plains, river, !ocean)",
   "Sirmium (hills, plains, river, !ocean)",
   "Scarbantia",
   "Arrabona",
   "Mursa",
   "Nutria",