Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: September 2005:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#13845) Increasing the appeal of very large cities

To: osyluth@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#13845) Increasing the appeal of very large cities
From: "Brian Dunstan" <bdunstan149@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 7 Sep 2005 13:15:02 -0700

a possible scheme for trade in food:

For any two cities A and B satisfying the following:
1. A and B are of the same civ
2. A and B have a trade route
3. A has a food surplus
4. B has no food surplus (or a food deficit)

The following applies:
1. If B is in defict, A transfers food to B to cover
the deficit
2. If B is celebrating, but does not have a surplus, A
transfers food to B to create a +1 surplus
3. For any food transferred, a fee in gold is deducted
from the national treasury, proportional to the amount
transferred, and the distance between cities.