Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: August 2004:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#9589) Government rebalancing

To: per@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#9589) Government rebalancing
From: "andrearo@xxxxxxxxxxxx" <andrearo@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 3 Aug 2004 22:42:36 -0700

On Tue, 3 Aug 2004, Christian Knoke wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 02, 2004 at 05:09:49PM -0700, Per I. Mathisen wrote:
> > This is a brainstorming suggestion on how to rebalance governments so that
> > Republic does not become so utterly dominating in the game.
> >

> > Monarchy
> >   - max tax rate is 90%, was 70%
>
> > Republic:
> >   - max tax rate is 70%, was 80%
> >
> > Democracy:
> >   - max tax rate is 60%, was 100%
>

> > As you can see, I've inverted the maximum tax rate logic.
> What is your goal?

To give the governments more equal strengths, you could adjust the max
rates until each government gives on average the same number of victories
in AI-autogames. You'd probably have to run a large number of games and
hardcode the government of each AI (and temporarily disable the AI's
ability to ignore the max rate). How well does the AI play with the
various governments?  Anyway, I think reducing the max rate of Republic
would be a good idea.

Andreas Røsdal