Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: July 2004:
[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#8754) effects patch

To: undisclosed-recipients: ;
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#8754) effects patch
From: "Vasco Alexandre da Silva Costa" <vasc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 6 Jul 2004 19:30:31 -0700

> [kauf - Wed Jul 07 00:42:48 2004]:
>
> I'm willing to review the patch when uniqueness issues have gone away.
> Though I haven't looked at the patch in a while, I'm not worried (yet)
> about the size. Splitting it up just makes the initial development
> harder.

The sources cache still needs to be generalized. That will have
minor impact in the code although it will break savedgame compatibility
and increase the memory footprint.

The most tiresome thing was to remove the legacy checks for buildings
and re-check the ruleset. The largest portion of the patch, by far,
deals with this.

Some cleanup and tweaks may be nice afterwards, but these should be
minor and focused.