Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: May 2004:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#8624) New clima function to best handle terrain pl

To: undisclosed-recipients: ;
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#8624) New clima function to best handle terrain place, used to place poles.
From: "Marcelo Burda" <mburda@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 26 May 2004 23:22:04 -0700

Le jeu 27/05/2004 à 07:00, Jason Short a écrit :

> > [mburda - Wed May 26 15:47:49 2004]:
>
> > anything else?
>
> - Why do you change the default separatepoles value?
for gen 1 and 5in clasic topo poles are well separed with not separate
poles, but it can be textures with terrains with the help fo hmap.
if separate poles hmap is flated at poles and i need texture in a
artificial way. i no like it, and personaly i no like separate poles
in gen 2-4 all island are separate

but if team like it.

> - I think you can get rid of rand_map_pos_temperature.  Just pass the
> terrain to rand_map_pos_temperature_terrain and use T_UNKNOWN for any
> terrain.  (You may wish to rename the function.)

ok
> - You have:
>
> -      if (myrand(100)>75)
> +      if (myrand(100)>75 || map_temperature(x, y) <= 100 )
>         map_set_terrain(x, y, T_MOUNTAINS);
>
> why?
this is the last think tu best tune (as i was make with desert)
i asume in poles there are litle types of terrains, ices(arctic), tundra
and mountains, or some desert(with not oasis ;-) ). other are too green.

> - Maybe I'm wrong but it seems there is very little desert.  Especially
> in a torus map.  Hmm, but I think I am wrong.  It's just that desert
> clumps up so if you have a "narrow" desert range you might not get any.
ies i think the some, but default values is 5

> - You should replace 1000 with a MAX_TEMPERATURE define (or a const
> variable if you prefer).  And use this value where it's needed.  In
> several places you have code like if (myrand(200) > T).  Here the 200
> should be MAX_TEMP/5.

yesp
> - Of course the polar code is quite ugly but this is probably
> unavoidable.
i need to texture when hmap is flated by separate pole :-S
>   However the poles in topo5 are still 2 tiles wide.  Can
> this be improved (should be 1 tile)?
! one tile more or less is so important? yes, there are some times artic
or others places for cities at border of polar continent, this alow
space to colonize it, inclusive in classic topo, as you see, stript
poles are shorted than 10% of the map.

--